Looking for elevated tank/cistern toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by chassis, Apr 13, 2008.

1. chassis

chassis Engineer

I have an old (30 yrs, roughly) toilet with a separate, elevated tank and old fashioned long pull chain. The bowl mounting flanges have broken, so I need a new bowl. It is a Kohler model, but looking at their website, it doesn't seem like this type of toilet is sold anymore.

Can anyone steer me in the direction of where I can find a replacement bowl, or another manufacturer that makes an elevated tank toilet? Thanks.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

Check with specialty stores such as HD Expo or Great Indoors. They have access to retro units. For yours, when you find one, all you need is a 1.6 gpf tank ball/flapper to retrofit your tank to a 1.6 gpf bowl. If yours is a replica of the original ones with a siphon flusher, then you will need a new tank, and would want one anyway.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

HJ is correct! I wasn't thinking of the flexibility of the tank to bowl connection being different. In a regular close coupled toilet you would be out of luck.