Looking for elevated tank/cistern toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
I have an old (30 yrs, roughly) toilet with a separate, elevated tank and old fashioned long pull chain. The bowl mounting flanges have broken, so I need a new bowl. It is a Kohler model, but looking at their website, it doesn't seem like this type of toilet is sold anymore.

Can anyone steer me in the direction of where I can find a replacement bowl, or another manufacturer that makes an elevated tank toilet? Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Check with specialty stores such as HD Expo or Great Indoors. They have access to retro units. For yours, when you find one, all you need is a 1.6 gpf tank ball/flapper to retrofit your tank to a 1.6 gpf bowl. If yours is a replica of the original ones with a siphon flusher, then you will need a new tank, and would want one anyway.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
HJ is correct! I wasn't thinking of the flexibility of the tank to bowl connection being different. In a regular close coupled toilet you would be out of luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks