Looking for carbon

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by patrick88, Apr 5, 2012.

1. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

Well its been a while. I hate coming on a site after not coming on for some time n asking a question. Yet i will. lol
    My friend lives in NH and has a need to replace the carbon. he wants to know how to get this. do they sell it just any place?
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Available all over, but... please purchase NSF listed, Coconut shell based acid washed GAC. It is typically sold by the cubic foot, or 2 cu. ft bags. There are a lot of garbage GAC's available and they may save you a few cents...

We have tested some of the low grade GAC and some of the stuff found in it is not appropriate for dicsussion on a family friendly website.

Spend a few extra dollars, get a name brand, or at least a NSF or WQA listed carbon.

Centaur, Joacobi, Spartan, Cat-HAC, are just a couple names to look for. Clack dorp distributes a very high quality product.

Hope this helps.

Note, I beleive Centaur is Bituminous coal based, but considering the source, we trust it and it has proven to be an excellent product for many years.