Looking for a BALLPARK cost estimate …

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jvic, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jvic

jvic New Member

I have several vertical to horizontal transitions drain pipe fittings under the shower and bathtub are of the improper type or incorrectly installed. I’d like to get an estimate to replace all improperly installed drain with the correct directional fittings.

Should be a simple enough job but I need an estimate to submit to the seller on a home I am purchasing.

Thanks in advance.
  2. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

250 grand sound ok?

Not really something you can get a price on without someone having a look see.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Plumber prices vary greatly from area to area, and without seeing a job, not many plumber on this forum will even hazard a wild guess. Your best course of action is to have a local plumber come in and give you an estimate. Some will give free estimates, others will not. It is there time you are taking without a guarantee of getting the job, so it's understandable.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Well, the new BALLPARK here cost something like $750 million.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Yankee Stadium cost $2.3 Billion how's that sound?
  6. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

a chance to use the inside joke. can't pass it up

No Ma'am, I do not do free estimates
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

WHO said they are improper, and what are his credentials to make the determination? Until we know, or can see them, we do not know what is necessary to fix them, or if they even have to be fixed.