Long distance bathroom

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jsncrso, May 24, 2014.

1. Jsncrso

Jsncrso New Member

I'm wanting to put a small half-bathroom in our horse barn located about 200 feet from our house. Problem is, I need somewhere to drain it. We have a very high water table and have clay soil and our septic system is the engineered type with a pump and overflow so a normal small septic system won't work in our instance. Is there a way to pump the waste the 200 feet to our septic tank (The land is flat)? I know they make up flush toilets and such but I don't believe those are designed to pump that far with no slope. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Pit at the barn with a grinder pump in the pit. Material pumps through pipe below frost line to the house sewer. Is that what you had in mind?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Smooky

Smooky Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  5. Jsncrso

Jsncrso New Member

Will these options work for a 200' run with no slope? The few pumps I've looked at in Lowes are meant to pump waste straight up then sloped. If so then I know what I need now.