Long distance bathroom

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jsncrso, May 24, 2014.

1. Jsncrso

Jsncrso New Member

I'm wanting to put a small half-bathroom in our horse barn located about 200 feet from our house. Problem is, I need somewhere to drain it. We have a very high water table and have clay soil and our septic system is the engineered type with a pump and overflow so a normal small septic system won't work in our instance. Is there a way to pump the waste the 200 feet to our septic tank (The land is flat)? I know they make up flush toilets and such but I don't believe those are designed to pump that far with no slope. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Pit at the barn with a grinder pump in the pit. Material pumps through pipe below frost line to the house sewer. Is that what you had in mind?
  3. Smooky

Smooky Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  4. Jsncrso

Jsncrso New Member

Will these options work for a 200' run with no slope? The few pumps I've looked at in Lowes are meant to pump waste straight up then sloped. If so then I know what I need now.