location of water heater

Discussion in 'Canadian Plumbing Code Questions' started by jcds, Nov 10, 2012.

1. jcds

jcds New Member

Is any one aware of any code requirements that would limit where i can locate a hot water tank. I am planning an addition of a bathroom in a small cabin that is going to get municpal service. No gas so I must go electric and I have no faith in the electric tankless. space is tight but i have just enough room in the bathroom beside the WC for the electric water heater. Is anyone aware of any Canadian (manitoba) code restrictions that would disallow that as a location.

as a secondary question I need a tank that is narrow, like 18" or less any brands that jump to mind , most are 20 to 22 inches. I only need a 30 gallon or so.

thanks for your input and advise
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

30 gallon electric heaters are usually 18" in diameter, and an electric heater, because it does not use combustion air or create gases, can go anywhere you want to put it.
  3. jcds

jcds New Member

was hoping that was the case, will make my spring project a whole lot easier, thanks for the reply hj