Locate Re-nu Style Repair Kit

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by use55less, Jul 7, 2009.

1. use55less

use55less New Member

I am trying to locate a 1930's Standard Mfg Re-nu style shower valve rebuild kit. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can locate one?
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Re-Nu is the barrel and they are readily available. The stem uses a conventional faucet washer. There is no single "Re-Nu faucet", since that is a feature of many different faucets made by American Standard. But if you are looking for a single handle Re-Nu shower faucet repair kit, that is a different matter and you will have to contact a company that specializes in faucet parts.