Little water is coming out of my newly installed kitchen wall-faucet. Help?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by hotrod79, Nov 17, 2008.

1. hotrod79

hotrod79 New Member

Hello,

I'm new to these forums and I'm looking for as much help as I can get.

I recently replaced an old wall-mounted kitchen faucet because the cartridge for the cold knob broke or popped out. I later learned that I can just replace the cartridge and didn't need to replace the entire faucet BUT I guess it's okay since my landlord is going to reimburse me anyway.

I'm new at this and never done it so please bear with me. Anyway, I installed the faucet and turned on the main water valve and hardly any water comes out of the faucet.

The faucet I purchased looks like the attached picture:

Every other faucet in the house is running normal and I tried uninstalling the faucet and run the main water valve to see if the pipes are clogged, that wasn't the case.

I don't know what else to do, the new faucet instruction manual and the instructions from the back states that the installation of the faucet is as easy as 1-2-3, "No special tools required and no experience needed."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Rod

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Unscrew the aerator and check it for debris.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flow

IF the flow is the same regardless of whether you open the hot, cold, or both, then the aerator is plugged. And since this is a rental unit, why were you working on the faucet in the first place? The owner could tell you, "Tough, I didn't tell you to try to fix the faucet, and I did not tell you to replace it." And if he did do either of these two things without knowing if you were capable of it, which is now questionable, he was "unwise".
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008