Little Giant versus J-Series subemersible water well pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Why not do away with a tank altogether...

Even the VFD pumps have a small tank. Just because the CSV can work with a small tank doesn't mean you need to change out to a smaller one. Any small draw would start/stop the pump... any draw... leaky toilet flapper, ice maker, humidifier, RO filter.

As for energy consumed, it varies by pump maker as to how the impellers are fixed or floating, but a pump moving less water uses less electricity up to a point. As I said, standard practice is to match your sprinkler system to the pump wherever possible.

michla

Reaction score
As for energy consumed, it varies by pump maker as to how the impellers are fixed or floating, but a pump moving less water uses less electricity up to a point. As I said, standard practice is to match your sprinkler system to the pump wherever possible.

thanks much, good advice

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks