Liquid Fire drain cleaner question

Users who are viewing this thread

Danniele

Reaction score
We had a maintenance man out at our rental home on monday. He used liquid fire underneath our sink to try and clear the line. He used a big kitchen pot of mine to catch the water from the water drain and it had caught the liquid fire as well. It was dumped out and rinsed out in my sink. I washed it today finally with soap and have thrown it out back but ky question is, is it safe to use a dish after being in contact with sulfuric acid. And second, i washed it with my hands and then washed my hands with soap and dried. There shouldnt be any reminents of it on me or on the other dishes that were in the sink after it was rinsed out and then those dishes washed, correct?

Reach4

Reaction score
http://www.ruralking.com/media/blfa_files/liquid_fire_hazard_sheet_1.pdf

The main ingredient is sulfuric acid. That is very water soluble. The rinsing and running it through the dishwasher, or rinsing, washing, and rinsing will have made it safe to eat off of.

There may be some discoloration on the pan. But the dishes and pan will not be harmful to you.

Do not use that drain opener in a toilet. It can discolor the porcelain if there are some tiny cracks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I wonder WHY, if he used it in the drain, he had to use a pan to "catch it"? It should have gone down the drain if it unplugged the stoppage. "Consumer grade" drain cleaners are made very "weak" so the customer cannot easily harm himself, which is also the reason they seldom work. But, once they are washed out of the pan there are no residual effects from them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks