LINX Evolution vs. traditional RO systems

Users who are viewing this thread

achong4

Reaction score
(I originally posted this in the plumbing forum, but got no responses, so I'm thinking I may have posted in the wrong section. This is technically not a water softener question, but does deal with water treatment. Sorry, not trying to bombard everyone.)

Hi, newbie here with no water or plumbing experience, just want to get the safest possible drinking water for my family and new baby girl.

Can I ask if anybody has had any experience with the LINX Evolution system that uses electricity and ion exchange to filter water, instead of the traditional RO system and membranes?

It's touted as the first technological advance in the drinking water industry in the last 30 years.

Is this here to stay or perhaps another "here today-gone tomorrow" technology?

Any disadvantages or problems anybody can foresee?

Again, I have no background in this stuff, I'm just an average consumer.

Thanks in advance for any input!
AC

JKERN

Reaction score
If you are wanting a safe bet go with an ro that has a u v light after the outlet and that isi nsf approved so that you have the air gap to prevent back siphon. Looking at this machine i would be very carefull about purchasing. So many times in our industry companies like this come in and try to reinvent the wheel to no avail. The problem with this system is the claim the are regenerating cation and anion media with electricity although new technology is always coming out i doubt that this is the new answer. Recently I went to the Water Quality Associations Aquatech conference in San Antonio and heard nothing about this product they didn't have a booth nor did I here anyone talking about this product. And seeing as how there was business's from all over the world there I'm pretty sure that this is just a fad. If the don't have regional outlets or WQA approved units I would be skeptical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks