Linear drains without a traditional liner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Workhurts

Reaction score
Trying to decide between Laticrete, Schluter and some other alternatives.

Is it safe to say that I should be looking for a product that has some kind of flange so my topical waterproofing can adhere to the trough? Kinda like how Schluter has an integrated one and Laticrete has a flange that you hydroban.

I'm leaning towards something like that but I see other products at 1/3rd the cost but they have no flange for waterproofing to adhere to. I'm guessing those are made for more traditional clamped pan liner.

Second question. When installing a linear drain between two walls are the pros making everything flush up against the walls or leaving multi inch gaps and just tiling? Imagine two walls 5' apart and I want to put a linear drain between them. There's no chance the drain/trough will be exactly the width of the open space.

Thanks in advance for any answers or points. I'm doing a curbless linear drain at the threshold of a shower on concrete. Already hacked through the concrete.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I would recommend you stay with one manufacture and use their "system". I like Schluter, but USG Durock Shower System is good too. Nothing wrong with Laticrete either. Where people get themselves in trouble is where they try to mix systems (sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. But you never get a warranty when you mix).
This Tile forum is a really good place to discuss your plans. http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=dcda541705e9872bca4d0c9349d68132&f=1

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks