Lights out

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by gbsk, Jun 18, 2009.

1. gbsk

gbsk New Member

lights out

About 8 years ago I installed some track lights on 2 sides of our ceiling. The
    lights are about half way up both sides of our 20 foot A frame ceiling. I know
    when I installed them I installed a breaker for each set of lights. Each side
    has 3 lengths of 3 65 watt lights so it would be 585 watts on each side.
    Gradually the lights went out on one side. About 2 years ago, I tried to
    replace the burned out lights and none of the replacements worked. The last of
    the the lights went out about a month ago. I was in the room and the last 3
    went out at the same time. I tried to replace the lights on that side and none
    of the replacements worked there either. I know I had breakers that could
    handle the wattage on each side. Does anyone know why the replacements won't
    work? Does anyone know what may have gone wrong and what to do about it?

Thanks
    GB
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Are the lamp fixtures line voltage or low-voltage? And, if low-voltage, where is the transformer?
  3. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Cheap heads = burned sockets/wires?

Take the heads down and clean/inspect/continuity test them.

Check power at 6he switches/dimmers