Light > Switch > Outlet

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by dan121, Sep 7, 2010.

1. dan121

dan121 New Member

I need to do a circuit that goes like this:

Source > Light (controlled by switch) > Combination Switch (2 switches in 1) > Light (controlled by switch)

and I need an outlet coming down from the switch that always stays on.

Can someone point me to a wiring diagram that includes all this?
  2. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

Please hire someone.
  3. dan121

dan121 New Member

I'm comfortable with basic wiring...this doesn't seem much more complicated. Here's the basic diagram I came up with: [​IMG]
  4. Speedy Petey

Speedy Petey Licensed Electrical Contractor

Move the black wire going down to the lower receptacle over to hte other side of the switch and you are fine. The way you have it now the lower receptacle is being switched with the light on the right.

Nice diagram BTW.
  5. dan121

dan121 New Member

Ah yes, I see that the black wire for the outlet is on the wrong side! That's why I wanted to get it down good on paper first! Thanks...