Lifting creek water to fresh water pond

Users who are viewing this thread

ddg24

Reaction score
I have a need to capture water from a year round creek, lift it about 5 feet to a 3 inch pipe that feeds a pond. I cannot put a pump into the creek bed due to danger of washing it away during any heavy rains. I want to run a flexible hose from the creek to the pump and lift water to the pipe to feed the pond. Distances are about 6 feet each. The pond water drains into a 3 inch pipe and back into the creek that wraps around my property. I merely want to keep water flowing into the pond at all times.
Any suggestions as to the type and size of the pump would be appreciated.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
There is no mention of how many GPM to circulate but based on a 3 inch line, I don't think a 1/2 HP pump will fill it. Given that a submersible is more than twice as efficient, I would look for a way to anchor one so that it cannot get washed away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks