lift bucket style drain won't stay closed

Users who are viewing this thread

trex604

Reaction score
Our bathtub drain won't stay open suddenly and you can watch the lever slowly come up and close the drain. What could be going on? I found the diagram online and can't see any reason for it to suddenly start closing. How do I correct it? Thank you.

Dave

trex604

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I went out and got one and will attempt to put it in over the weekend. Never worked on the tub mechanism before so this is a first.

Dave

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Remove the two screws. Pull the mechanism out. Remove the small brass cotter key. Throw the old plate away. Connect mechanism to the new plate with the brass cotter key. Reinstall and tighten the two screws.

trex604

Reaction score
mission accomplished

Thanks again for your advice. Everything went very well and I didn't let the rod slip back down while changing the lever. Now I know something else for the future. This is a great forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks