Leveling Acrylic Tub Apron

Users who are viewing this thread

GoldMaple

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Attached are two pictures of the same acrylic Maax tub taken from different angles. The installation instructions say not to wedge under the front apron when leveling the tub. I used self leveling concrete on the floor and the tub is virtually level without any intervention. However, from the pictures you can see that even though the floor is quite flat it's not perfectly flat and there are small gaps under the front apron. To me this indicates that the weight will not be evenly distributed and may cause a problem with enough time. Considering this I have a few questions;

1. Given what you see would you just call it good?

2. Would you scribe the front apron to the floor and trim it to fit better?
a) If yes, what would you use to trim the apron? 60 grit sand paper and block? Belt sander? Grinder? etc?

3. Any other options to get the front apron flat to the floor so the weight is equally distributed?

Please let me know what you think? Thank you!

Martin

IMAG0940Resize.jpg
IMAG0943Resize.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks