LED pool light

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Homeownerinburb, May 26, 2013.

1. Homeownerinburb

Homeownerinburb New Member

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I just replaced my dining room lights with LED's
    I got tired of replacing bulbs and knowing that I have five 40 watt bulbs on most of the day. They also do some dimming.
  3. Homeownerinburb

Homeownerinburb New Member

Oh, I have substantial experience with LEDs in recessed lights.

If you are having difficulty with dimming, you may have a dated dimmer.

Lutron currently has dimmers specifically only for incandescent and halogen, and another range specifically for compact fluorescent and LED.

If in doubt, one might want to pull out the existing dimmer and look at the back of it.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I have a new Lutron dimmer that's spec'ed for LED.
    I replaced that last year.
    It' dims, just not as much as the incandescent bulbs. Though the reason I dimmed those so low was to save power, and the LED's do that anyway.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

bulb

quote; Me? The only reserve I have is that it costs about 4x of a conventional bulb. But it will last several times longer, although with the limited use many pool lights get, that may not be a factor.