Leaky Valve Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Wondering

Reaction score
I have noticed for the last few months my pump running when no water is used. I have checked everything for a leak, house lines, etc. In fact, I asked you guys about this a while back and was told it was a leaky check valve on the pump. I have just put off calling the pump guy to get it fixed. A few weeks ago, I noticed it was no longer doing this. It was holding pressure fine, but this lasted only about two weeks and now it is back as it was. I was wondering if I raised the pressure it would let the valve close better or do they just wear out and need replacing like everything else after so many years.? The pump is 10 years old and I have 40/60psi . Wonder what made it work ok for a while and then start leaking again?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks