Leaky outdoor faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

bahawes

Reaction score
My outdoor facet is leaking behind the knob. My wife told me the brand was Duraflo. I have been looking online for a replacement kit but have been unable to find any info on Duraflo faucets. It looks an awful lot like a seris 500 Mansfield faucet (anti-siphon). Are these faucets one in the same? Normally I would just replace the whole faucet, but the people we bought our house from had the basement finished and did noy leave any access to the shut off valves. I have 4 outdoor faucets and none of them leak around the anti-siphon valve, just behind the knob (2 of the 4). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
There should be a packing assembly that can be tightened to stop this leak.

If the assembly is plastic where the stem travels through it, be careful when tightening as it may crack this piece.

Taking the packing assembly out and wrapping teflon packing string should most likely correct the problem......short of a total rebuild kit.

bahawes

Reaction score
I will give that a try tonight. I have taken the knob off and the screw is really rusty and doesn't seem to have a lot of thread left. Are the screws tapered or is that lack of thread?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks