Leaky Outdoor Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

dngrmys

Reaction score
I have leaky outdoor faucet (probably leaks a gallon of water a day) that drips through the spout and not the handle. I was wondering if I could just "cap it" as a temporary fix until I call a plumber. I was looking online to see if I could fix this issue myself, but it may just be easier to get a professional. Anyway, any advice on the cap is appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
If it is not going to freeze where you are, that would work. If it will freeze before you fix it, let it drip.

I would ask if you had an inside valve that turns off the water to that spigot, but if you knew of such a valve, you probably would have used it.

If you are asking where to buy such a cap, I just did a search for hose cap on a home improvement store site, and I got a couple of useful hits.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks