Leaky Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian 1957

Reaction score
I have a leaky bathroom compression faucet. I replaced the cartridge with a new one, but faucet still leaks. Drips quicker when the handle is completely closed, less if I open the handle slightly. Any ideas?
Can't find a brand name on the faucet.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sometimes after market parts or the installation are not a perfect fit. Try again, by taking the old stem to a supply house.

Or replace the faucet. It might give you a faster peace of mind.

Brian 1957

Reaction score
Sometimes after market parts or the installation are not a perfect fit. Try again, by taking the old stem to a supply house.

Or replace the faucet. It might give you a faster peace of mind.
Thank you. I've done a faucet replacement in another bathroom and will probably go that route.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When you say compression, are you talking a valve with a stem and a washer on the end? Sometimes, the valve seat needs to be replaced so that the washer can seal.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
HOW could you "replace the cartridge" if you did NOT know the make and model of the faucet? I have never been able to do that and I consider myself and expert at repairing faucets. And, compression faucets do NOT have "cartridges".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks