leaks in shower and tub pvc pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by caugie, Dec 7, 2006.

1. caugie

caugie New Member

Please help, I have no idea what Im doing. My fiance fixed the pvc pipe to the shower and now it is leaking. We have a tub but opted only to use the shower so he sealed off the pipe to the tub faucet, all the pipes have been leaking since he installed them. Now the pipe to the shower sprays water whenever the water is turned on. He used pipe dope and glue and tightened it very, very tight. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Please help, I need to put my wall back together......lol
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

It sounds like you are desprate and just want it fixed.

If I were In your predicament and situation I would call a plumber.

They can come out and fix it fast by the sounds of what needs to be done.
  3. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Can you post a picture showing where it leaks, and what you want to do?

I can't imagine that you want to have a tub installed with no way to run water into it excpet through the shower. It may be ok for you but will be a problem if you ever want to sell. Now that the wall is torn out, do it right.

It sounds like you might have to be the "handyman" of the house.

PVC shouldn't be used for water supply in a house. If anything, you can use CPVC (the beige stuff). If it is plastic it should be pretty easy to rip it out and start over, before you close up the wall. Plastic pipe is pretty easy to do and to avoid leaks, but you must know and use the right techniques.