Leaking widespread American Standard bathrrom sink faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by l2s2, Jun 4, 2010.

1. l2s2

l2s2 New Member

I have two sets of American Standard widespread bathroom sink faucets that leak. To conserve water, I want to fix the leak, but I admit that I am a newbie to bathroom plumbing tasks. My house was built in 1943 and I believe the bathroom fixtures are original. I did a few searches on this forum and a few Google/YouTube searches, but I couldn't find anything on point. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A picture would be nice.
    800 pixels or less can be attached.
  3. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

I don't know what your financial situation is like but if they are 57 year old faucets you might just want to think about replacing them....
  4. asktom

asktom Member

In 1943 American Standard actually made a decent faucet. Post a picture, it is probably just a matter of a washer and a seat.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

At that time, the faucet could have had an integral spout on the sink.