Leaking "S" Trap issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by haywood21, Jun 25, 2013.

1. haywood21

haywood21 New Member

So I replaced the pipe under my sink and after putting the water on full blast (testing phase), I noticed a small dribbling leak of the left side of the pipe. I have an image of it.

1. the dribble

2. where the water ends up going

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

leak

1. That is an illegal "S" trap 2. When you installed the washer you probably put it OVER the bead on the "U" bend instead of against it.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Suggestion? Yeah, get rid of the S trap and install a P trap with a proper vent. Might want to be sure the washer(s) are installed correctly on the P trap while you are at it.
  4. haywood21

haywood21 New Member

Exact diagnosis.

Thank you for the help.