Leaking Price Pfister shower handles

Users who are viewing this thread

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
About 12 years ago I repiped my new to me house. It had old galvanized piping. We went back with cpvc. When I did all this I replaced all the shower and tub fixtures. On all 3 I went back with price Pfister. Two of them are now leaking through the handles.

Is there a sight you guys use to get the parts? On one of the fixtures I can access the back and see the model number. Thanks for your reply.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
12 years ago they were probably "compression" style stems and if so, you just have to remove the handle and escutcheon then tighten the packing nut.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
12 years ago they were probably "compression" style stems and if so, you just have to remove the handle and escutcheon then tighten the packing nut.

Out of the box, the bonnets are pretty loose. Plumbers may snug them a bit. I
f they weren't snugged at installation, then removing the handles, and putting a wrench or pliers on the bonnet nuts should do it. This may be a quick and easy fix.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks