Leaking noise on Toto

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Sofa King, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Sofa King

Sofa King New Member

I have the Guinevers and when I add liquid to the bowl ie. urine i hear a noise.
    Is this a constant level in the bowl and any extra goes down the drain? i never experienced this on my other toilets. One toilet it is a constant sound for about 5 seconds when a pint is added, on the other about four to five short bursts for the same period of time (5 sec). the third toilet is removed but it was doing the same.I just hope the rings were installed properly.

TY in advance
    Sofa King
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's water going over the dam, so to speak.
    When water is added, the overfill will go over the top bend.
    Since the trapway is plastic, you hear it more.
    After a while of using one, you will forget to listen for it, much like a clock ticking.
  3. ncplumber

ncplumber Master Plumber

Terry is right. I installed a Toto Vespin that did the same thing and drove me AND the customer to the brink of insanity... until we discovered it was the plastic trapway. It should stop after a moment. If it doesn't, check for a faulty flapper.
  4. Sofa King

Sofa King New Member

Yeah, I told my plumber who installed them that they are the best and he laughed at the plastic trapway. I thought they advertised a glazed 2/18" trapway, prolly up higher on the toilet lol.
  5. bjferri

bjferri DoD Army

This thread answered my other question.

Another question...can you can tell me how to stop the Nexus tank from rocking/wobbling please let me know. This tank seems to float with just the tank -to-bowl gasket and rocks easily if you lightly poke at it. I do have a 1 3/4" gap between tank and wall that I'm going to put a piece of wood so the tank will stop rocking but if anyone has another suggestion please let me know.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Tighten the tank bolts! they are too loose. The tank should almost touch the bowl.
  7. bjferri

bjferri DoD Army

I'm slowly tightening them as the gasket settles - they almost touch now. I'm also hoping this fixes the small leak coming from the gasket / flush valve nut area. Thanks.