Leaking kitchen sink vent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Carmenbinns, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Carmenbinns

Carmenbinns New Member

I have just replumbed the double skink in my kitchen. The vent pipe (that I didn't do anything to) is now leaking. No joints are cracked (that I can tell) The home is an old log home and the vent pipe is PVC. It is leaking at the 90 degree elbow that goes into the log wall. Could it be condensation? The sinks are draining fine and there is no garbage disposal.:confused:
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pipe

It is not condensation, but unless it is below the drain line, and if it is really just a vent, it should not be leaking for any reason.
  3. Carmenbinns

Carmenbinns New Member

water droplets

so, where would those water droplets be coming from? Would a pic help?
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Pictures never hurt. A vent should never have water in it. The only wat water should get into a vent at all is from rain or snow. Properly installed, vents slope gently toward the drain they are venting so the stay dry.