Leaking Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
About 10 years ago I bought a fancy bathroom sink faucet manufactured by a company called Artistic Brass. The faucet has developed a couple of problems. First there is a drip from the hot water side. Also if I close the hot water valve quickly on this faucet, it starts vibrating. Once I turn the faucet back on and off (either hot or cold) the vibration goes away. Obviously I would like to fix this faucet, however, I have been unable to find a website for this company. Is anyone familiar with Artistic Brass, and if so can you provide me with their website? Any other advice will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, I'm not a pro...my thought on this is that you may have a bad washer. When they get old, they get harder. The flow of water can cause it to vibrate somewhat like a reed in a saxophone if the conditions get just right. It may be as simple as replacing a washer...

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I've been working on this the whole evening. Unfortunately to get to the washer I have to remove the decorative part of the faucet valve, I think it's called "escutcheon". I believe that it is screwed into the valve body but I have been unable to move it at all. I even loosened the whole valve assembly by loosening the nut holding the valve body to the sink, but still nada. Sprayed some WD40 on the threads and hope to do more battle tomorrow. Any other advice on this will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can Google a place named "Union Hardware" . I believe this is were my customers used to get the Artistic Brass faucets .

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
Finally was able to take the faucet valve apart. No washers. An O-ring and two ceramic disks with triangular cutouts, the disks sitting on top of each other. Bottom disk is stationary, whereas the top disk is rotated by the handle. In the open position the triangular openings in the disks line up allowing water to flow. In the closed position the triangular openings are at 90 degrees with each other, so water can't get through. I don't know if these are standard parts that can be purchased anywhere or if I have to go to the manufacturer? Meanwhile, I've cleaned everything and that seems to have stopped the drip. I am not sure as yet about the vibration. Thanks to everyone for the information, and if you have anything else to add I would appreciate it.

Jerry

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks