Leaking copper pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have a home built in Oct. 98 the copper pipes are carodeing and spouting leaks I have been told this is a problem across the country and I need a repipe at the cost of $8000.00 is their a class action law suit for this ? is their someone you know of that I can contact ? Please contact me I have been told only some plummers can do the work if it is under a class action like the old pvc that many had replaced . I was told that North carolina had somekind of a suit 3 years ago for copper pipes but it know was on a case by case basis but I can't get any info , what do you know and how can you help me .thank you Linda B

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
We hear of similar problems all over, but there are many causes. I haven't heard of any class actions against copper yet, although individual suits are often brought against contractors for faulty installations and water companies for bad water. You could talk to a local attorney to see if you can find someone to blame; a quick Lexis search will turn up any applicable case law.

However, you'd probably spend less money just fixing it. Cost around here to re-plumb a 3/2 on-slab home is typically around $3K. Most use CPVC, but PEX is becoming more popular. Depends on your individual situation.

After becoming aware of an under-slab hot water leak, I re-plumbed my house myself for a few hundred dollars in materials, and a lot of quality time fighting off the dust, fiberglass, bugs and snakes in the attic. Electric bill dropped by about $40/month, so I'm happy.

I'm not sure I'd do the job for someone else for $3K, though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks