leaking compression fittings on supply valves

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by emptyb, Oct 8, 2005.

1. emptyb

emptyb New Member

This morning I discovered, unfortunately not until considerable water had collected, that the fitting downstream of the push-pull type supply valves to my dishwasher and sink hot water. Constant little dripping from this crimp, compression-type fitting, integral to the supply tubing. (Sorry, I don't know the correct terms.)

How do I fix this? Can I simply squeeze harder on these fittings? Do I have to buy new valves? (How are these attached to the copper supply lines?)

Many thanks in advance.

- Mark
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Mark,

Could you take a digital picture and post it?
    max size should be 400 pixels.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

They slide on and are held by "teeth" about the only way to remove them is to pull them while twisting them.