leaking compression fittings on supply valves

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by emptyb, Oct 8, 2005.

1. emptyb

emptyb New Member

Oct 8, 2005
    This morning I discovered, unfortunately not until considerable water had collected, that the fitting downstream of the push-pull type supply valves to my dishwasher and sink hot water. Constant little dripping from this crimp, compression-type fitting, integral to the supply tubing. (Sorry, I don't know the correct terms.)

How do I fix this? Can I simply squeeze harder on these fittings? Do I have to buy new valves? (How are these attached to the copper supply lines?)

Many thanks in advance.

- Mark
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington

Could you take a digital picture and post it?
    max size should be 400 pixels.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

They slide on and are held by "teeth" about the only way to remove them is to pull them while twisting them.