Leaking at the basket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
This trap and basket/sink was installed this summer. Just noticed a drip at the black seal area-where there is some spots. The leak is above that black ring. Did I tighten the basket too much and squeeze all the goo out or is it not tight enough? Double sink, other one is fine.

? drain basket.jpg

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I would replace it with a Pasco basket strainer

I have installed hundreds of the pasco without one single failure of any type.

Here is a link to the Pasco,its not a high end product like the kohler basket strainer but it also doesn't cost 50 buck. Use plumbers putty in the proper amount,if you use too much the basket will get tight to the sink and then get loose later as the putty sqeezes out. So remember,not too much and not too little. Tighten it to the sink and wait about 10 minutes and then snug it up again. The pasco uses 3 screws and a flange to secure it to the k-sink. No nuts and uses a 5/16 nut driver to tighten the screws.
http://www.amazon.com/Pasco-Basket-Strainer-Polished-Stainless/dp/B004BN1W6S

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks