Leak under base of corner shower stall doors after cleaning, re-setting and caulking

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by SuburbBeth, Mar 30, 2013.

1. SuburbBeth

SuburbBeth New Member

I have corner shower stall (two stable panels and two sliding panels which meet in outside corner). The track which is adhered to the shower pan is curved at the outside corner. Professional brought in to remove doors fully, clean, and recaulk entire shower and stall doors.

The water from shower still leaks at this outside corner (where doors meet). The leak slowly streams between shower pan and the 'set' aluminum base track (which was re-caulked inside and outside). It is a slow 'pool' which leaks out and onto tile floor.

Is there a solution other than purchase new set of shower stall doors? Is there any solution?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Is the entire pan set level? It sounds like it is not. There should not be any pooling, as the top of the curb where the door is attached should be sloped towards the drain. This won't be true if the pan is not set on a level surface, or it is not leveled when installed.