Leak Locator question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by at wits end, Nov 18, 2004.

1. at wits end

at wits end New Member

Am looking for a leak locator that detects leaks underneath a concrete slab.

Anyone with info on this??
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

locator

Yes, it is called a leak locating company. The equipment is only a small part fo the process. The most important part is the experience and ability of the operator. And, leak locating does not always just require one piece of equipment. Many times they have to use several different items, and none of them are inexpensive.
  3. at wits end

at wits end New Member

company ID

Thanks.
    Are you familiar with any such companies in southern New Hampshire, or New England?
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Leak Detection is often done by companies which that is ALL they do. It is a very specialized trade with expensive equipment. I checked the yellow pages for Newburyport and did not find a leak detection company(but my book is a few years old). You might try Lawrence, or maybe over in Portland, whichever is closer for you.

Jim O. ( San Diego)
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

locator

Check the Yellow Pages for Pipe Locators, or Leak Locators.