Leak...from where?

Users who are viewing this thread

kdfaleev

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me is this leak coming specifically from this hose meeting the wall or does it appear to be more of an actual pipe in the wall issue?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 237

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
One thing we don't have is X Ray vision.
Open the wall to determine the source of the leak.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could consider wrapping the valve with toilet paper etc and see where it gets wet.

That said, it does seem difficult for a leak on this side of the escutcheon to give a pattern like that. Could it be that the pattern is old from an old leak?

Edit... I just noticed another pattern around the drain pipe. That would make it more likely that the source of the water was on the other side of the wall. However if this is an outside wall, the leak could be from something other than plumbing. Maybe a window or siding?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks