leak from top of fill valve?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by apac, Aug 12, 2010.

1. apac

apac New Member

water is leaking from the top of that black thing. i highlighted in red the rod, right under which is where the water appears to be coming from. the toilet is flushing fine, but refilling takes 10minutes. wasnt like this before. it is also making a whistling type noise when refilling, but everything i read says that only happens with the old float ball design, and this toilet has a overflow valve

Attached Files:

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Fluidmaster sells a replacment washer that may fix this. Sounds like you may have some debris caught inside. A new gasket washer is cheap, and worth trying.
  3. apac

apac New Member

so should i just buy a replacement top thing of the fill valve? i dont know what a gasketwasher is. i took off the black top thing and when i made it fill with water, it sprayed everywhere. and i did the watercolor in the tank test, no leaks if that means anything
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The gasket only costs a buck or so and is easy to replace. The instructions are on the card.