Leak causing high water bill Please Help

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Stlouisfan, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Stlouisfan

Stlouisfan New Member

I am hearing a drip in the drain of my shower/tub and have no idea how to find the leak. I replaced the spout and both handles and valves thinking that might of been the cause. I still hear the drip, any ideas?

Thanks Keith
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

If you have PVC or ABS drain pipes, you may just be hearing the plastic contracting or expanding. If there is no water dripping from the spout, there is no leak.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

leak

If you have a high water bill, you may indeed have a leak, but from what you describe, it is NOT in the shower.
  4. Thatguy

Thatguy Homeowner

With every off, do you use a gallon every three minutes, like I did?
  5. nopressure

nopressure New Member

If you have a acess door in a closet in next room mybe you can see if it's in the wall