leak at bypass valve assembly

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Mikegranado, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Mikegranado

Mikegranado New Member

I have a GE Smartwater, the by pass valve assembly is leakng from where it connects to the body valve. I interchanged the 0 rings but the same valve keeps leaking. Do I need a new assembly or should I put a bigger 0 ring. Do not know what else to do here. Any advice would be helpful.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Skip Wolverton

Skip Wolverton In the Trades

Replace the bypass. Nothing you do will stop the leak unless you change the bypass.