Lead bend below floor height

Users who are viewing this thread

djc621

Reaction score
I think I have a real problem. In a bathroom remodel the plumbers left a 4" lead bend with about 6 inches above the new floor height. The tiling contractor cut the lead bend even with the floor, (about 1/4 inch above the tile). I cannot take up the entire floor to replace the lead bend. I gather from other questions that I don't have enough lead pipe to make a lip over a brass floor flange. My questions are:

1. How much lead pipe is necessary to be able to turn it back over the brass flange and hammer it down or solder it?

2. If I remove the tile around the pipe I might have enough to make the lip to install the brass floor flange. (my subfloor is 3/4 ply then self leveling compound, then thinset, then tile (altogether about 1 1/4 inches) to get enough lead to bend back over the flange. I could bolt the brass flange to the plywood subfloor.

3. Can I then use second brass flange (not the 1 18 deep) as a spacer to get the flange up to finished floor height?

4. Is it possible to extend the pipe by soldering?

5. If I go with the brass flange, should it be a deep flange? Should it be soldered or should I use plumbers putty?

Thanks very much in advance for any advice you can provide.

Regards,

Deb

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks