Lazy Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

gotzoom

Reaction score
Hi All,

New here and have an issue with my toilet. I noticed all of a sudden a lazy flush occuring so I did all of the basic test...Adjusting flapper, checking fill line, adjusting the ball..

Here is the kicker...

After minor adjustments to ball and water level fill I have tested/flushed the toilet with the tank lid off, I get a nice strong flush and correct water fill, but once I put the tank lid back on...Lazy flush all over again.

I have checked for clearence to make sure nothing is touching and so forth but I cannot figure this one out.

Help??

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Check the trip lever. It may be hitting the cover before it lifts the flapper high enough to maintain a good flush. IF so, shorten the chain on the flapper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks