Laying Up Water Softner

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by StuartT, Apr 5, 2013.

1. StuartT

StuartT New Member

We will be gone for more than a year from our home in Arizona. I want to lay up the water softner so it does not continue to process water until we return. I will obviously go to bypass on the water supply, but do I need to turn off the electronic controller? I will loose all my settings if I do.
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Make a note of the settings. You do not have to turn the electricity to it but it will save a little if you do. The unit will not use water while on bypass but may regen if it is a timered unit.
  3. StuartT

StuartT New Member

Okay, thanks.