Laying Up Water Softner

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by StuartT, Apr 5, 2013.

1. StuartT

StuartT New Member

We will be gone for more than a year from our home in Arizona. I want to lay up the water softner so it does not continue to process water until we return. I will obviously go to bypass on the water supply, but do I need to turn off the electronic controller? I will loose all my settings if I do.

2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Owner of SWS Systems WWW.SWSSYSTEM.COM
    Make a note of the settings. You do not have to turn the electricity to it but it will save a little if you do. The unit will not use water while on bypass but may regen if it is a timered unit.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. StuartT

StuartT New Member

Okay, thanks.