Lawn Genie R706

Users who are viewing this thread

Duke76

Reaction score
I recently purchased a home and am trying to repair an irrigation system. There is a manifold with four Lawn Genie R706 valves with Valve Adapters 756LG. The location of the valves is 2 to 3 feet below the level of the highest sprinkler head and the valves are leaking and/or won't shut off. I can't find any literature about these valves so I assume they are pretty old.

Are these valves appropriately installed below the level of the highest sprinkler head ?

Thanks for your help.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If your valves are antisiphon valves, they are by code and proper practice, required to be 12" ABOVE the highest head on the zone. In your case, you will always have drain back of all the water in the zone pipes at the end of each cycle. But at some point, the water would stop dripping. If your valve leak continuously, then they are leaking, and replaceing or repairing the valve adapter is the fix.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks