Lawn Genie R706

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Duke76, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Duke76

Duke76 New Member

I recently purchased a home and am trying to repair an irrigation system. There is a manifold with four Lawn Genie R706 valves with Valve Adapters 756LG. The location of the valves is 2 to 3 feet below the level of the highest sprinkler head and the valves are leaking and/or won't shut off. I can't find any literature about these valves so I assume they are pretty old.

Are these valves appropriately installed below the level of the highest sprinkler head ?

Thanks for your help.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

If your valves are antisiphon valves, they are by code and proper practice, required to be 12" ABOVE the highest head on the zone. In your case, you will always have drain back of all the water in the zone pipes at the end of each cycle. But at some point, the water would stop dripping. If your valve leak continuously, then they are leaking, and replaceing or repairing the valve adapter is the fix.
  3. Duke76

Duke76 New Member

Thank you Jimbo.