lavatory drain leak below integral lav/counter at top rubber gasket

Users who are viewing this thread

Tbbarch

Reaction score
I have installed a new (plastic) pop-up drain with overflow into a integral lavatory and counter fixture.

The plastic gave me some fits getting the drain fittings aligned to not leak, but I finally got a no leak flood test up to and into the overflow.

An hour later there was a small puddle under the drain.

Given the testing I did as I resolved the original leaking of the drain assembly I'm betting there is water hanging up between the drain escutcheon and the underside rubber gasket that is not making its way into the overflow hole into the drain. It is pooling in the overflow cavity and finding some small gap to leak out.

I did clean the lavatory drain holes top and bottom prior to installing the new drain.

Any suggestions on what can be done to get a water tight seal at the rubber gasket below the drain's overflow hole?

Tbbarch

Reaction score
Bulls Eye.
Thank you.

I pressed putty in the threads of the drain pipe that passed through the rubber compression ring and smeared putty onto the top of the compression ring.
No more drips.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks