Laundry water auto shutoff

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by peterd, Sep 3, 2005.

1. peterd

peterd New Member

Is anyone familiar with a device that attaches to the hot and cold water supplies for the washing machine. If water is detected it shuts the water off.

I am looking a brand that works well.

Thanks
    Peter D
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

There are many devices available. They use some type of sensor which sits on the floor and connects to solenoid valves. Google on water-shut off and similar terms. You will find them.
  3. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

i use a watts valve

buy the one that has the water sensor for under the wash. machine
  4. peterd

peterd New Member

I have found a couple now I need to evaluate. Anyone have an idea if the Anti-Water hammering devices the plumber installed on the hot and cold outlets should be placed before or after these auto shutoff valves?

It anybody really using these autoshut off devices?

Thanks
    Peter
  5. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

Why to bother with semi solution?
    Just install “watercop†http://www.watercop.com/ next to your main
    shutoff valve and your entire house will be protected. Yes, “watercopâ€
    is more expensive but it gives you a lot more of protection.
    Sure, I have one installed.

- Vitaliy
  6. Marc

Marc New Member

Of if you're on a well, just run an extension cord from the outlet to the floor so the GFCI will trip if it floods. (don't really do this!)
  7. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

thank,s vitality

never heard of water cop
    always learn something new on this great site