Laundry Valves - Made in USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
It's not a 1/4 turn, but are Arrow Valves okay ?
Just looking for a non offshore Laundry Valve.....

Aside from these, I use Apollo on the stop valves and dahl for the fixtures.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would happily pay 12 bucks for a laundry valve if I could find it when I need it. But as usual, we the consumer have screwed ourselves. Try to give that valve to a customer, mark it up to maybe 15, and he will throw in your face a three dollar valve from box store. Shooting himself in the foot, but we all do it. I don't think anyting I am wearing right now...from the undies up...is made in the US.

If we could convince HD to stock that valve, Arrow could hire a few dozen people to support the production volume. Some one call him up and suggest that!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The ONLY one of those that I use, and it only occassionally, is the compression inlet, and that is usually to replace one which has failed. You may be putting too much faith in "non-offshore" items. It could be like the days when Zenith advertised, "All our TVs are wired by hand". The problem was that when workers would have bad days, Mondays, and Fridays, then the TVs had quality control problems.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The ONLY one of those that I use, and it only occassionally, is the compression inlet, and that is usually to replace one which has failed. You may be putting too much faith in "non-offshore" items. It could be like the days when Zenith advertised, "All our TVs are wired by hand". The problem was that when workers would have bad days, Mondays, and Fridays, then the TVs had quality control problems.

That is very true unfortunately. I remember years ago whe Goldstar started selling TV's here i the US, I went to buy one and the sales clerk said I should by the Zenith for the same reason you mentioned, and that the Goldstar was just a piece of Korean crap. I bought the Zenith, which failed just out of warranty, and then bought the Goldstar which lasted for almost 15 years before I donated it, still in good working condition! Amazing what's happened to us. Well maybe not amazing, just sad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks