laundry tub pump

Users who are viewing this thread

dogwood

Reaction score
We recently moved to our new home and have no experience with wells or pumps. Our basement laundry pump cycles on about every 5-10 minutes for no reason. It is a GSW pump with a Lil' Tripper laundry pump switch. I can see no filter or additional line for water to come in to the pump. Any idea? dogwood

dogwood

Reaction score
I don't have means to take pictures but there is no pit. It is not a sump pump. The only thing that this pump handles is the washer and the laundry tub. It pumps the water from these two things up and out with the rest of the gray water. Not into to the sewer. I timed it this morning and it cycled on after two minutes. Yesterday I ran the hot water into the laundry tub for about three minutes and it seemed to pump it away so the pipe does not seem to be clogged in any way. Any clues. The pump is not getting hot, and you can see the float begin to move for no apperant reason. Any clues? Thanks for answering as we are really puzzled by this. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks