Laundry Room Remodel Using Existing Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

nemesis

Reaction score
I would like to re-model our existing laundry room (see attached drawing) with a clothes washer and sink, using the existing 2†vent if possible, so that I don’t have to cut additional holes in the roof. But I have several questions:
1. Do I need to back vent at all (dashed lines in drawing) or can I simply run horizontally to the existing vent?
2. Assuming that I do need the additional 1½†back venting, are the horizontal distances to the 2†vent too long?
3. If the basic plan is ok, do I use san-T or combos where the 1½†vent lines intersect the horizontal drain lines?
4. Washer drain must be 2â€, but for the sink drain, can I use 1½†from the trap to the vertical? I have seen contradictory info on that.
Any corrections or suggestions for a better way of doing it would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• Laundry Remodel.jpg
    Laundry Remodel.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,080
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks