Laundry pump going off and on

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by jonacord, Jun 5, 2006.

1. jonacord

jonacord New Member

We are new to our house and new to the whole well water/sump pump/everything pump living, problem is our laundry tub which had a pump on the bottom drain, will drain the water when tub fills up 3/4 way, but then after the tub is 95% empty the pump will turn off and on every 2 seconds, I found if I pinch the tube going from one part of the pump to another, it will stop it from turning off and on, till the next time the tub fills up? Thanks in advanced, Jon
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  2. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

It seems like you must have one of those pumps with a miserable narrow-range diaphragm switch that is often very sensitive; and maybe you may be missing a check valve so you are getting pressure back against the switch diaphragm.
  3. jonacord

jonacord New Member

tubes

Since it just started doing it a few days ago, would maybe a hole in the tube or something, how would you fix what you mentioned? Thanks, I know nothing of these pumps or plumbing but do know computers if you have any questions
  4. jonacord

jonacord New Member

Or

is there a common name for these laundry tub pumps, maybe I can just install a new one