Laticrete thinsets

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Setting Nu-Heat Pads with Laticrete 254 Thin-set

Almost time to stick some tile to the walls and was wondering..........If you have a niche? (recess), do you guys tile the recess first, or after, tiling the wall?

Also, at some point in the future, I'll be tiling a floor. I've already purchased a few bags of Laticrete 255. Can, or should, I use this for between Ditra and tile, and between plywood and Ditra?

Thanks.

255 is modified thin-set so it is good between the Ditra and the Plywood subfloor.

Here is a peak at some Laticrete 254 thin-set. Set this heating mat from Nu-Heat last night at my buddies place.

Substrate is 5/8" sheathing then 1/4" WonderBoard Lite. Wonderboard lite also set with Laticrete 254 and roofing nails.

I mixed the thin-set loose. To make it loose I added 20% more water than specified on the bag.

This 254 thin-set from Laticrete is one of my favourites!

Later this weekend I'll install some Strata mat over the heating pad and do a little minor levelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks