Lasco 48ACTRI Alcove question Rough Opening

Users who are viewing this thread

smeylink

Reaction score
Framing Dimensions show 48 inchs for the width, built walls with this information, however unit is 48-1/2 wide on the bottom rear section (3 section remodel unit). Moving 1 wall is easy, however what is the best way to install? Do I install the bottom section and than build the alcove around it? Or measure the widest section and hope the middle isn't any wider and build based on this information? I'm Leaning towards removing one wall (no pumbing other then the 2 inch drain done yet) installing the shower and building the wall to fit.

What is a standard 48 shower's rough opening? I saw a few companies state 1/4 inch extra for rough opening just wondering as this is a remodel unit and expected the dimensions to be fit the expected opening.

Floor is concrete basement and is 3/8 inch low on one side of the opening from being level. Best method to correct? or recomended floor leveler product.

Thanks for your help in advance. BTW Love our Toto ultramax toilets and rinnai tankless H2O heater.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The install spec shows 48" with dimensional tolerances of + 0, - 1/8"

I would call Lasco and ask for help.

smeylink

Reaction score
Calling them in a hour when they open 8am PST. Wondering where you found the tolerances noted for this item. I have the Technical spec sheet and no tolerances noted. This may be helpful when talking to them.

smeylink

Reaction score
Lasco is sending a rep out to look at the unit. Thanks Jimbo for the notation that that is not correct. Was assuming it was plumbing black magic that 48 meant to add 1 inch for rough opening.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks