Large or small basin for waste disposal

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Fubar411, May 23, 2008.

1. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

I'm putting in a new 44" sink. It is one that has the smaller basin and the larger basin. Which one gets the waste disposal?
  2. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Your choice. Most put the disposer in the small sink side, thinking that the small side is used for food prep and gets all the peels, etc. I solved the problem by installing a large single-bowl sink :D.
  3. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

I had considered going the large single, but I got too good of a deal on a top-mount Kohler on Craigslist. Best price I could find for anything that fancy new was $325, practically new one for $80.

I guess this new trend on bottom mounted sinks worked out well for me. :)
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

One deciding factor is often the trap arm in the wall...putting the disposal on the deeper sink means that needs to be lower...it doesn't run uphill!